8/20/17

Monday Morning Offering: 8/21

Image: George Mendoza


Good morning, good God!

What  a gift is this day, Lord,
and lest I forget -
remind me of how days come:
just one at a time...

My days don't come in bunches,
in weeks, or months or years -
but one day at a time
- and that's more than enough...

All my yesterdays are gone, Lord,
the past is now behind me;
tomorrow's not yet here,
its a mystery yet unknown... 

You give me, Lord, 
just this one, solitary day,
no more than that and, I pray, 
no less...

So I offer you this day
and pray that in its course I’ll find you
walking by my side,
pulsing in my heart,
coloring my every thought,
shaping all my choices,
forgiving me my sins,
leading me to truth,
speaking in my prayer,
helping me be strong,
calling me to serve,
and holding me in love...

I offer you this one day, Lord,
and pray I not be burdened
by memories of the past,
by sorrows born of loss,
by worry of what’s yet to be,
by fear of what's unknown,...

I offer you this one day, Lord, and pray
my work will give you glory,
my heart accept your help,
my soul be filled with grace,
and my hands reach out
to serve my neighbors' needs...

I offer you this day, Lord:
may it be a gift to you 
and all whose paths cross mine,
from sunrise to night's fall...

This day's the day you’ve made, Lord,
the solitary precious day you've given me:
help me live it to the full  
and in this one day help me find your peace...

Receive my morning offering, Lord,
an offering of one day, no more no less,
and at its end please grant a night
of peaceful sleep and rest...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!