8/31/17

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 8/31



Lord,

I want to thank you, Lord,
for the peace I found yesterday...

I had a lot on my mind
and many voices were calling on me for a hearing -
and yet I was at peace...

I was juggling some difficult situations
and caught in various entanglements -
and yet, I was at peace...

I was conscious of pending deadlines
and other work that must be done -
and yet, I was at peace...

I was feeling some regret
over things I can't now change -
and yet I was at peace...

I was facing some decisions
that defy an easy answer -
and yet, I was at peace...

I was bound up by loose ends
that held as fast as well-tied knots -
and yet, I was at peace...

I couldn't see ahead to know
what changes I might face -
and yet, I was at peace...

I waffled in confusion
wondering where I might turn next -
and yet, I was at peace... 

I grieved a little more
a sadness lodged within my heart -
and yet I was at peace...

That peace was very quiet,
as gifts from you are wont to be...

That peace was very gentle
settling deep within my soul...

That peace was gift
from you to me:
no one else has peace to give
to rival the serenity
you planted in my soul...

Your peace did not calm all my fears
nor resolve all my troubles -
but rather taught me, wisely so, this lesson:
   No harm or hurt of mine is more
      than what your peace can bring me;
   no damage and no danger lurk
      that your peace can't contain,
   no peace is mine until I empty out
      and offer all that's not at peace
      with you and with my neighbor
      - and even with my self...

I want to thank you
for the peace I found yesterday, Lord:
the peace you gave,
the peace I found, 
the peace I received,
the peace I shared,
the peace that comes from only you...

Give me that peace, Lord,
for without it 
I will never be happy again... 

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!