9/6/17

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 9/7

Image source

I've come to ask for a gift, Lord,
the gift of perspective,
perspective on my time:
past, present and future...

Help me remember all the times in the past
when you have been my helper,
my guide, my rock, my refuge,
my only hope on hopeless days...

Help me look back on all my yesterdays
to see the times you rescued me
when I thought surely I'd come
to the end of my road...

Help me remember, Lord,
the times I wished tomorrow would never come -
and all the days I woke to find
the impassable had been passed...

Help me see how tomorrow
is far beyond my reach, Lord:
as far away at11:59 p.m.
as it is at 12:01 a.m.

Help me understand
that the best preparation for tomorrow
is living the present as well as I know how,
as well as I can, with the help of your grace...

Help me spend no time awfulizing
the days, the months, the years to come
but rather, let me remember
that sufficient for today is its own trouble...

Help me keep it in today, Lord,
not in yesterday or tomorrow:
make me mindful of the moment,
the day at hand you've made and offered me...

On this day, Lord, be with me,
forgive and heal and touch me
with the blessings you've prepared
to offer me today...

I've come to ask for a gift, Lord,
the gift of perspective,
perspective on my time:
past, present and future...

This is the day you've made, Lord,
a day that brings your love and peace and,
mindful of the moment,
the joy of living now...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!