9/19/17

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 9/19

Image source

I don't know, Lord, nor can I imagine
how many are the times you've forgiven me:
they are many, many more than I can count...

You forgive the big wrongs I've done
and you forgive the small things, too -
and you forgive me all the times (too many!)
when I've actually believed
I had nothing for you to forgive...

Your mercy and pardon, Lord,
are greater, larger, broader and deeper
than all my sins
and you are always ready, waiting,
to wash me clean,
to bathe me in your love...

I was reminded of this just recently, Lord,
when my own weaknesses and carelessness conspired
to catch me in a trap of my own making,
leading me away from your truth and your word
to my own foolishness...

And on that ill-chosen path I met you
looking for me,
looking to redirect my steps
until I found my way again,
until once more I found your way, Lord,
and claimed it for my own...

Before I lose my way
you've made a map to guide me home
to you and to your love...

Even before I fail
you have mercy stored up
waiting to forgive the sins
I've not yet even thought of...

In an instant, at a prayer's notice
from my repentant heart,
you overlook my folly
and give me grace to change my mind,
to change my heart,
to change my ways,
to change me from the inside out,
recreating me to be
the person you created me to be...

Show me your mercy, Lord,
and when and where and just how much
I need it:
let me not miss it when you grant it
nor take it all for granted...

Open my heart to your mercy, Lord,
and to the ways it changes me
and leads me in your ways...

Make me as merciful
and generously forgiving of others
as you are, Lord,
with me...

Amen.




 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

1 comment:

  1. This is a great prayer that I'm going to print out to remind myself that I can be forgiven for my sins, and move forward. Too many of us harp on the past that is long gone, and praying for forgiveness reminds us that all is not lost.
    Thanks you!

    ReplyDelete

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!