9/26/17

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 9/26

Graphic: CP


Sometimes, Lord,
when I look to the day ahead of me,
I wonder and I worry
how I'll make it to day's end...


Sometimes I look at the week or the month ahead
and wonder how I'll get from here to there,
to the other side of what seems immovable,
impassable, impossible...

But day after day, week after week
I get there, Lord, 

no matter how slowly the day, the week, the month 
-even the hour-  may pass:
with your help, Lord, 
I get there...

And looking back on the path I've walked,
the journey seems much shorter, simpler, safer
than what I imagined at its beginning...

Help me remember, Lord,
as I survey the day before me,
help me remember
- when even the next hour seems too much to bear -
help me remember that my passage will be safe,
my burdens lighter
and the length of my day halved
with you in my heart and by my side...

Help me trust that in your company
I'll come to this day's end, safe and secure at your side

and leaning on your strength 
should mine is spent...

Amen.





 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!