9/5/17

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 9/5

Image source


After the clouds, the rain and recent dips in the mercury, Lord,
I was more than very grateful for yesterday's sunshine
and the light and warmth it brought to my eyes and my soul...

If you'd like to grace us New Englanders
with a few more days like yesterday
(before you take your brush and paint the leaves)
well, such a gift would be as warmly welcomed
as the welcome warmth it brings...

As autumn waits in the wings
and the days grow shorter,
remind me Lord, that your warmth knows no seasons
and that in season and out of season
your heart burns for us
and your light remains the light
no darkness has ever extinguished...

When the weather all about and in my soul
grows dark and chills my spirit
then kindle in my heart the fire of your love
till its flames glow and light the path
through fall and winter,
back to spring
and long days basking in your love...

Amen.



 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!