10/1/17

Monday Morning Offering: 10/2


Morning Coffee by George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

I've been taking some inventory, Lord,
looking back over the years,
weighing successes and failures,
balancing joys and sorrows,
tracking growth and decline,
looking to see where I've come from,
where I've been,
what brought me to where I am...

And for all of that, Lord,
I offer my thanks
for the ups and downs
and all the in-betweens:
in good times and in bad
you've been right by my side,
never failing to be my rock,
my strength, my hope...

And I offer you this day, Lord,
October 2, 2017:
a brand new day, a new opportunity
to know you, love you and serve you;
a new opportunity to succeed with your help,
to find joy amidst grief,
to grow in your grace,
to be mindful of all the help and support
that are mine in the love of family and friends
and most of all in your strong arms,
holding me close, ready to be my rock,
my strength and my hope...

And I offer you my tomorrow, Lord,
and the mystery of what may come my way
and where my way will lead me,
and how your way will open before me,
drawing me near, close to your side,
offering to be my rock,
my strength and my hope...

So many yesterdays, Lord,
but just one today
and many tomorrows, I hope and pray:
a future of finding joy amidst grief,
growth in your grace and all of the ways
you'll every day be my rock,
my strength and my hope...

I offer you this morning
my past, my present and future
and I thank you, Lord,
for all that has been,
for all that is
and for all that is yet to be...

Yesterday, today and tomorrow, Lord,
in good times and bad,
you've been, you are and you will be
my rock, my strength and my hope...

Amen.


 

 
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!