10/29/17

Monday Morning Offering: 10/30

Image: George Mendoza

I often lose the day, Lord,
when I’m anxious for tomorrow
- or trapped in days gone by...

Fretting over what’s now past,
worried ‘bout what’s yet to come,
I miss the day at hand….

Yesterday has slipped my grip,
tomorrow’s still beyond my reach:
today’s the only day I have…

Just yesterday I saw you
as I trust I will tomorrow -
but today’s the day we meet…

You meet me in today, Lord:
for you, all time is now
and now’s my time with you…

Free me from what’s history 
and all that’s not yet happened:
keep me present to the moment…

Make me mindful, Lord,
of where I am: not where I was
or where I’d rather be…

Keep me mindful, Lord,
of all I feel and think
and say and do...

Keep me in the moment, Lord,
mindful of your presence
and your promise to remain...


Keep me present to this hour, Lord,
to all that's true, within my reach,
and in my heart...

Focus me on who I am,
on what I have and how I stand
within your grace...

Keep me present to this moment,
to your presence by my side,
to this time that now is ours...


You meet me in today, Lord:
for you, all time is now
and now’s my time with you…

Keep me in today, Lord,
the day you've made and given me,
the only day I have...

I offer you this day, Lord,
it's all I have to give,
I offer you my now...

Amen. 



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!