10/28/17

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 10/28



I need some peace and quiet, Lord...

I need a quiet place,
free of noise, free of sounds,
- and I know that with a little work
I can make that happen..

But I need more than a quiet room:
I need some quiet in my head,
in my heart and in my soul...

I need a quieting
of the jumbled thoughts that fill my mind,
the worn worries that clog my heart,
the useless fears that plague my soul...

I need a quieting
of work that shouts from screen and desk,
of obligations calling for my calendar and time,
of unsolved problems crying for
and needing my attention...

I need the quiet that comes from you, Lord,
only from you and from your heart
and from your grace:
the quiet of the peace
I know that only you can give...

So I'll make a quiet time
and find a quiet place
and pray you'll hush the furies in my mind,
brush the worries from my heart
and shush the fears that haunt my soul...

I need some quiet time, Lord,
and the peace I know you'll help me find,
the peace that only you can give...
Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!