11/2/17

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 11/3



Lord,
heal my soul of selfishness:
   burn away my enduring desire 
      to have much more than I need;
   cauterize the wounds of greed in my heart;
   scorch my impulse to keep for myself
      what others so desperately need...

With the flame of truth, 
   by the glow of your wisdom,
fire in the kiln of your counsel
   each judgment and choice I make today;
heat my heart with courage
   to act as your Spirit inspires...

Set a match to my bias and prejudice;
melt what divides and keeps me from others;
rekindle the embers that warm and unite:
   let your Spirit's fire burn within me
   and brand my soul 
   with the mark of your love...

Amen.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!