1/20/18

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 1/20



Like a song that keeps playing in my head,
a verse from a psalm's been ringing in my ears,
echoing in my prayer, Lord,
for the last couple of days...

You, O Lord, are my lamp,
   my God who lights up my darkness.
With you I can break through any barrier,
   with you, my God, I can scale any wall.    
Psalm 18:29-30 

I've carried these words, taped to my phone,
from dawn to dusk and late at night
and I read them again in the silence,
in my prayer room,
before I go to bed...

So I shouldn't be surprised how today,
when all my plans went awry,
how these words came to mind,
to my heart and my soul
and I remembered
(exactly at the moment when I needed to remember!)
I remembered
that you are the light in my darkness,
that with you I can face any problems,
that with you I can scale any wall...

Please, Lord,
keep those words alive in my heart
and help me remember
(right in the moments when I need to remember)
that you are my light, my help and my strength,
that with you at my side
I will be at peace...

Amen.


 
 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!