1/5/18

What I Did On the Snow Day

The view from my window

 Today was my regular day off so I didn't get an extra day this week - but no complaint here!  After sleeping late (not gonna tell you how late!) I spent most of the day inside, doing a little work on my laptop and enjoying the quiet that a snowy day brings.  I took my own advice from this morning's Pause for Prayer and spent parts of the day in my prayer room - a kind of snow-day-retreat.  Here's the view from my chair in my small chapel: I love sitting and praying there when there's snow falling outside...



And here's the Lord's view of my place on the other side of the room:


In the afternoon I decided to have a cup of tea although I wasn't even sure I had any teabags! A search of my kitchen turned up some Salada and although I thought the day deserved something a little nicer, I put the kettle on the stove.  Then I remembered!  Somewhere I had a small tin of loose tea which I bought last year at The Dusty Rose Tea Room when I was visiting my sister and brother-in-law in Georgetown, Colorado.  To my surprise I remembered where I'd put that tin of Rocky Mountain Morning tea and in no time I was sitting in my chapel enjoying a hot cup of tea in a cup from Georgetown that a couple in my parish just gave me.  They picked it up while visiting their son in Colorado and taking a side trip to Georgetown to meet my sister and see her shop, The Quilted Purl.



This evening when the snow had stopped falling, I ventured out on foot for a short winter walk and then stopped by the Colonial Inn for a Caesar salad with grilled chicken and a glass of Chardonnay.

All in all, a quiet day with some unexpected moments of quiet peace and prayer - and for that I'm truly grateful...


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!