2/1/18

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 2/2

Image source

So many good people, truly good people,
are part of my life, Lord:
generous people
who selflessly give…

kind folks
without pretense or guile…

forgiving people
whose pardon is healing…

those who are holy
and don’t even know it…

folks who are gentle,
never harsh, rough or coarse…

those who are strong,
whose arms lift me up…

the ones who are pure
in thought, word and deed…

folks with conviction
whose zeal never flags…
     people whose faith
     is a beacon of hope...
friends who are true,
whose love never fades…

those who are happy
with genuine joy…

honest folks
whose truth is a gift…
     people of wisdom
     whose counsel is gold...
compassionate people
with patience unending…
those who are loyal
when you need them the most…

folks who help
before anyone asks…

people of prayer
whose presence is peace…
So many good people,truly good people,
are part of my life, Lord...

They’re more generous and kind,
forgiving and holy,
gentler, stronger and purer by far...

They're more deeply convicted, faithful and joyful,
more honest, compassionate, loyal and helpful,
more thoughtful, more prayerful and wiser
- than I…

Make me grateful for them always
and teach me their ways,
these people and friends
whose goodness is yours...

So, I thank you, good Lord
for so many good people,
truly good people
whose lives bless my own...

Amen.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!