2/9/18

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 2/10

Image source

Unlike the approach of Advent when billions of dollars are spent on making sure we don't forget that Christmas is approaching, there's little or nothing in the world around to put us in a Lenten frame of mind and heart in preparation for Easter.  Suddenly, on a Sunday, you'll hear that Ash Wednesday is 3 days away.  And that's just what you'll hear on this weekend

So let today's Pause for Prayer help in preparing us for that season (Lent) which prepares us to celebrate Easter...


Lord, I'm longing for the spring to come
with its promise of light and new life...

The first day of spring is 5 weeks away
but come Wednesday, February 14,
a springtime of grace will begin
with purple, prayer and ashes 
inviting me to new life in you...

Lent is spring training
for my mind, my heart and my soul:
time to strengthen what's now weak,
to tone up what's gone soft,
time to remember what I've forgotten,
to let go what I don't need
and to find what I need the most...

Lent's a new beginning:
a time for taking stock,
to look within,
to be honest about my failings,
a time to ask for your pardon
and make up for my sins,
a time, a season, to set things right with you
and anyone I have hurt or offended...

Lent's a season of your grace, Lord:
a time to speak to you in  prayer,
to listen for your voice,
to study your good Word,
a time to seek your truth and wisdom
a time to live as you command...

Lent's a time of mercy:
a time for me to give more freely
of all I have to give,
to give more generously
of the bounty that is mine,
a time for me to tend my neighbor's needs,
a time to reach out to the poor,
a time to empty out myself
and not to count the cost...

Lord, I'm longing for the spring to come
with its promise of light and new life:
help me begin, now, to turn my heart to you
and prepare for Lent,
for this springtime of your grace
in my mind, my heart and soul...

Amen.




 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!