3/7/18

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 3/8

Image source

Come back to me with all your heart...
Joel 2:12 


Lord, if I come back to you
with all my heart
I'll be coming back
with a heavy heart...

My heart has its share of burdens
and sometimes the weight of it all
can crush...

There's the burden of painful memories
and the weight of my grief over
loved ones I've lost,
mistakes I've made,
opportunities lost, now long gone,
careless words spoken in haste,
wasted days and months and years
and the times I've turned and walked away
from the help and healing offered me
by you and many others, Lord...

At different times my heavy heart
weighs hard upon my spirit
and I long for ways to rise above
what holds me down and keeps me
from the journey home to you,
with all my heart...

Come back to me with all your heart...

Unburden me this Lent and lighten my soul
laden with its grief and disappointment,
its memories,
all heavy stones that weigh
within the pockets of my heart
and pull me down to the depths...

Come back to me with all your heart...

Lift up what I can't move, Lord,
and free me me from the heaviness
that weighs upon my heart...

Come back to me with all your heart...

With your strong arm deliver me:
diminish my burdens, Lord,
and ease me out from under
all that overwhelms my joy...

Come back to me with all your heart...

Refresh my soul, Lord,
and put a new spirit within me:
help me walk the path
that brings me home to you
with all my heart...



 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!