3/5/18

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 3/6

Image source


Slow me down, Lord...

Especially when I can't stop this merry-go-round on my own:    
slow me down... 

When my head and heart are filled with noise,    
slow me down and show me a path to a quiet place... 

When I'm standing still but moving at 60 inside,    
put the brakes on and bring me to a stop by your side, 
in a place where I can hear my own breathing         
and the breath of your Spirit within me...

Help me hear my heart beat
and to trust that you listen to every beat...

Help me savor the silence
and find peace within it
and peace within my soul...

Help me make the time to find the calm, 
to find the quiet I need
to hear the birds sing, the tide come in, 
the sun rise and the moon wax full in the skies above... 

Let me find the time, Lord, for the rhythms of my life    
to slow down and rock me not to sleep but to peace,       
to that serenity that only you can give...

Let this place and time of prayer become for me    
a wellspring of sweet waters for a thirsty heart,       
a place where I will want to come often, every day,          
to draw and drink from its depths,             
to slake my thirst for what truly satisfies                
and gives me life... 

Bring me to a quiet place, Lord, 
wherever in my day that may be    
and let me find the time to sit with you there       
to drink in the peace that's only yours to give... 

Help me to be still, Lord,    
that I might know that you are God,       
that I might know that you are near...   

 
 
   
  
   

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!