4/28/18

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 4/28



Love is patient, love is kind.  It is not jealous, is not pompous, it is not inflated, it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury, it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth.  It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  Love never fails...  1 Corinthians 13

Am I a lover, Lord?
Just how loving a person am I?

Help me take a little inventory here...

Help me look back on yesterday, Lord,
on the people I met and interacted with,
the circumstances I found myself in,
the things I did,
the things I hid,
the choices I made,
the words I spoke...

Was I a lover yesterday, Lord?

When and how
was I patient yesterday?

When and how
was I kind?

Was I jealous yesterday?
was I envious?

Were there times yesterday, Lord,
when I was haughty and rude?

Did I see to my own interests all day long
or did I take time out to serve the needs of others?

Was I quick-tempered? grouchy? harsh? angry?

Did I spend time yesterday
brooding over old hurts, disappointments
and resentments?

Did I take any pleasure
in things I know to be wrong?

Did I seek out and rejoice in things
I know to be true and good and just?

Did I bear my burdens gladly
or sulk in complaint and self-pity?

Did I strive to be trusting
and to grow in what I believe in?

Did I make an effort to be hopeful
especially when I felt defeated?

Did I face the day's problems
and make an honest effort to endure them?

Was I a lover yesterday, Lord?
Did I succeed in being a loving person?
And if I didn't, where did I fail?
and what do I need to do to grow in love today?

Help me remember how much you love me, Lord,
   and how much you love all your people
and help me to love as you love:
   freely, fully and with forgiveness...

Help me to see where my love is true and self-giving
   and help me see where I'm selfish and less than loving...

Strengthen the love already in my heart
and deepen my heart to grow in love that
 bears all things, believes all things,
   hopes all things and endures all things...

Fill my heart with love that doesn't fail, Lord,
   that I not fail in loving you
      and loving those whose paths cross mine today...

Amen.



 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!