4/30/18

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 5/1

Photo by CP

I guess you saw how excited I was,
how hopeful, Lord,
when I found this lone stray tulip
blooming
just by my porch door...

If my joy was out of proportion to its source
that's just a sign of how I long
for spring, for warmth,
for a season's change...

It didn't take much, Lord,
to rouse, ignite and stoke my hope
that warmer times, even summertime,
are truly on their way...

So when when I long for greater gifts,
for peace of mind and heart,
for a season's change within,
then plant outside my soul's porch door
a lone stray tulip
to rouse, ignite and stoke my hope
that you will change what I cannot
and bring to bloom the peace
for which I long...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!