5/5/18

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 5/5


When I find a verse of scripture I really find helpful I print it and tape it to the back of my iPhone so it's with me all day.  Recently, I taped this verse from Psalm 18 on my phone and have found it helpful in my prayer and helpful in getting through the day...

You, O Lord, are my lamp,
my God who lights up my darkness.
With you I can break through any barrier,
with you, my God, I can scale any wall... 

Let's pause and pray...

Looking at the day ahead of me, Lord,
I sometimes see only clouds and darkness,
a path blocked and clogged with problems,
and walls too high, oh, much too high to climb...

But even as I bring all this to you in prayer:
a light begins to shine in the shadows;
I see a way to walk my rocky path;
and walls that seemed so very high
seem not that tall at all...

From the perspective of my prayer,
from the vantage point of trust in you:
the clouds begin to thin
   until your light at last breaks through;
my rocky path is smoothed
  if I but let you guide my steps;
towering walls recede and shrink
  to heights I easily climb...

Alone I can do nothing
but with you, Lord:
no darkness shades my vision,
no barrier blocks my progress,
no height's too great to scale...

Be with me, Lord, I pray
and be my lamp, my light,
my way, my guide, my help;
be the wind beneath my wings
and lift me up when I am weak
into your peace,
into your arms...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!