5/24/18

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 5/24


Yesterday was the perfect day for it, Lord:
some morning clouds gave way
   to a warm, sunny afternoon in May -
   and it was my day off!

It was the perfect day to;
   wash my car  sand clean out the trunk,
   to stow away gloves and ice scrapers,
   to gather up the Christmas CD's,
   to make room for my beach chair
      and throw a towel and some sunscreen
         in a big canvas bag...

It was the perfect day to
   vacuum the floor mats,
   organize the glove box,
   sort everything stored behind my visors,
and clean the dash and all around
   with handy, pre-moitened Armorall  wipes...

It was the perfect day to
   take my clean car for a spin,
   all windows open, all the way down,
   Vivaldi's Four Seasons, spring of course,
      cranked up on my CD player...

Last fall and winter's grime and trash
   are cleaned and put way, Lord,
and it's such a good feeling
   on such a great day!

So now, Lord,
   help me do for myself,
   for my heart and soul,
a little spring cleaning -
   or maybe a lot!

Help me sort through and trash
   what I no longer need,
cleaning deep, everywhere,
   underneath and behind...

Help me brush and polish
  what's dusty and dull,
wiping clean to a shine
    what's been let go too long...

Help me walk into spring,
   my heart opened wide,
with the song of your presence
   full voiced in my soul,
giving glory and praise
   to your holy name...

Amen.
   

 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!