7/15/18

Monday Morning Offering: 7/16


Image: George Mendoza


Good morning, good God!

Today I offer you
the musings of my mind’s imagination
and I pray you’ll enlighten me
with reason, truth and prudence…

I offer you the words I speak,
the words I write and post
and I pray you'll sift them through the sieve
of charity and wisdom...

I offer you my soul's desires, 
my passions, thirsts and hungers
and I pray you'll tend and tame me
with integrity and grace…

I offer you the things I do, 
day in, day out - my deeds -
and I pray you'll teach my heart to give
with selfless generosity…

I offer you my attitude, 
all my feelings and my moods
and I pray you’ll heal and lift me up
with hope, in peace, to joy...

I offer you my weaknesses,
 my failings, faults and sins
and I pray you’ll pardon all of them
with mercy undeserved…

I offer you today, Lord,
the whole of who I am:
bend me, mold me, shape and change me
- recreate me in your love…

I offer you the week ahead, 
with all its trials and its troubles
and I pray you'll stand right by my side
to hold me fast and faithful...  

Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!