7/14/18

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 7/14



Slow me down today, Lord,
   and whisper a word or two - or more,
      in the quiet of my mind and heart...

When I'm cursing myself or others,
   whisper words of blessing...

When I'm judging another's words and deeds,
   whisper words of patience... 

When my voice is still and silent,
   whisper words that I might speak...

When I'm saying much too much,
   whisper words to shut me up...

When I've failed and when I've sinned,
   whisper words of pardon...

When I'm facing loss and grief,
   whisper words of consolation...

When I'm stuck in my own foolishness,
   whisper words of wisdom...

When I'm confounded and confused,
   whisper words of counsel...

When I'm caught up in my lies,
   whisper words of truth...

When life is just too tough to take,
   whisper words of hope...

When my heart is broken, hurt and wounded,
   whisper words of healing...

When I'm at war with my neighbor or myself,
   whisper words of peace... 

  Slow me down, Lord,
   and help me find a quiet place to hear
      the whisper of your word...

Slow me down today, Lord,
   and whisper a word or two - or more,
      in the quiet of my mind and heart...

Amen.





   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!