7/5/18

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 7/5

Photo: CP

After the band concert in the park,
I walked home and decided to grill myself a burger
with slices of tomato and onion
and a sliver of cheddar...

Waiting in my back yard for the grill to warm,
I turned and caught the setting sun
blowing a kiss to the Fourth of July,
a farewell caress, soft, aglow,
tenderly capping a beautiful day
with affection decidedly divine...

You were there, Lord, I'm sure,
fine-tuning the light til it pierced the trees
(not everywhere, but here - and yes over there!)
pierced the trees so the shadows served only
to highlight the sun's gentle touch
where it fell and infused my back yard
with your presence...

Pierce me with your light, Lord,
soft, aglow, tenderly capping each day,
til my own soul's shadows serve only
to highlight your gentle mercy
shining through my heart and hands,
into my life...

Be my light, Lord:
and let the warmth of your grace illumine my path
and when my steps falter and my sense of direction fails me,
be my light, here and there, and yes, over there,
'wherever I need you the most...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!