8/17/18

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 8/17

Image source

You know so well, Lord, how there's often a great gap
between the things I need and the things I want:
help me see and know the difference
and change my heart accordingly...

Give me what I need, Lord,
and help me let go my desire
for things I really don't need...


And when you reach out to fill my needs
open my mind and heart to what you offer, Lord,
and help me let go my yearning for the bright and shiny,
for what fades and passes,
for anything less than what brings me real peace...

Teach me to seek the things I truly need, Lord:
help me see, above all, how very much I need you
and help me want but what I need...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!