8/17/18

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 8/18

Image source

Sometimes, Lord, I'm lost in the woods,
in a dense, dark forest
where I can't find my way
and I"m not sure where to turn next...

And, Lord, it's lonely in those woods...

So I'm grateful, oh so grateful
when I stumble upon,
when you draw me to,
a small clearing in the forest:
a carpet of soft green grass
where I can rest and lay my head;
a cathedral ceiling rising high,
opening up to sunlight pouring down
on an oasis of peace,
the sanctuary of your presence,
a chapel of your grace...

I'm grateful, Lord,
not just for this place
but even more for your bringing me here
when I'm lost and alone...

I'm grateful, Lord,
that you should lead me here
where you draw near
that we might meet
and I might lean upon your chest
and hear your heart
beating one with mine...

I cannot stay here long,
I must make my way out of these woods.
So come with me, Lord:
lead me, guide and shepherd me
from darkness into light,
from the shadows of this lonely thicket
to your loving arms' embrace...

Amen.



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!