9/10/18

Monday Morning Offering: 9/10

Image: George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

Got a few requests, Lord...

   Could you just slow things down a little
   in the week ahead?

   Could you take a few things off
   my already very full plate?

   Could you maybe fill in the potholes
   and smooth over the bumps in my road?

   Could you make things in my life
   a little less complicated and a whole lot simpler?

   Could you lay off the curve balls for a while
   and throw me a couple right down Broadway?

   Could you give me the time I need
   to actually get a few things done?

   Could you give me a chance to slow down
   and catch my breath?

   Could you put a temporary block
   on my in-box?
   Overall, could you just chill
   and cut me some slack?

   And if all this ask asking too much, Lord,
   then how about this? 

   Could you help me manage my time better,
   see things in perspective,
   make more time to pray and rest
   -- and not take myself so damn seriously!

Thanks, Lord, for whatever you can do,
   especially on that last one!

Amen.
   



     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!