9/21/18

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 9/21

Image source

What a beautiful view, Lord!
It's true:
on a clear day you can see forever -
well, almost...

But I'm sometimes lost in the woods,
counting needles on the pines,
failing to look up to see
the light on the horizon...

Just a tilt of my head
would lift my eyes
to the beauty you set before me...

Help me see as you see, Lord:
give me the long view
and help me look beyond the troubles of the day
to see the peace that lies ahead...

Chuck me under the chin
and draw my gaze to yours
until I find in you the grace I need
to rise up with purpose, new direction
and with hope...

Give me courage to walk the path
through the forest of my fears,
out of the woods, to the water's edge
where your peaceful presence
beckons me to where on a clear day,
you can see forever...

Amen.



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!