9/27/18

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 9/28

Image source

I know where I need to go today, Lord,
and when I need to be there...

I've got a pretty good idea
of when I'm going to eat
and what I'm going to have...

I have a list of errands I have to run
and things I need to pick up at the store...

 I know the work I have to do,
the meetings I must attend,
the calls I have to make
the emails I need to answer...

I know there'll be time for coffee,
for chatting with friends and colleagues,
for reading the paper
and for checking my phone
- again and again and again...

All this I know,
all this I've planned,
so help me decide right now, Lord,
when I'm going to stop,
today,
to sit with you,
spend time with you
and talk with you in prayer 
- today...

Amen.



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!