9/22/18

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 9/23


With yesterday's equinox, Lord,
the summer of your grace gave way
to autumn
and its new grace,
to a season of my life
yet to be known, disclosed,
yet to be lived...

And what, in my life,
might this new grace be, Lord?

Days begin to shorten and night times lengthen,
day by shorter day, night by longer night,
robbing us of daytime's light and warmth
at least until the winter bows
and hope and spring return...

Lead me through life's changes, Lord,
as you walk me through the seasons
always changing all around me...

Help me treasure each day's light
as autumn sunsets swallow up the warmth...

Teach me patience with the seasons' changes
in creation all around
and in the seasons of my life... 

May falling leaves lay a carpet,
soft beneath my steps,
'til the trees green once again and warmth returns
to bless my soul with grace of change,
the grace of that unfailing peace
that's only yours to give,
season after season,
year after year,
until forever I'm with you
where the seasons never change...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!