9/4/18

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 9/4

Image source

I know you hear them, too, Lord -
all the folks complaining about the heat and humidity
just as September breaks on the calendar...

Well, I for one, Lord, love it!

I don't want to see the summer end.
I'm not a fan of shorter days and longer nights
or fall's chill and winter's frost...

So, I'm grateful, Lord, for these past few days
with the sun beating down as I take my walk,
the warmth of your presence reaching down to earth
and actually touching me,
anointing me with humidity,
wringing from me the sweat of my workout
and a prayer of thanks for a body
no longer in the way but now the way
to meet and soak you in
while you burnish my flesh in shades of tan
and stoke the fire of your love within my heart...

The summer was spectacular, Lord,
and these last days put me in mind
of a fireworks finale:
one last great burst of heat and light and color
exploding above and falling upon us,
the excess of your prodigal beauty and power...

I know these days won't last much longer, Lord,
so I'm grateful for each and every one.
Send as many as you like:
I can't get my fill of summer
or of you, my Lord and God...

Amen.




 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!