10/1/18

Monday Morning Offering 10/1

Morning Coffee by George Mendoza

For your divine imagination
I offer you my thanks, O Lord:
for your playful wisdom shaping
all the seasons in their beauty...

It's a grace to know your plan
for shorter days and autumn chill
to sap the summer's chlorophyll
from leafy, shady boughs...

A gift of longer nights,
these hidden hues reveal
your hand in every branch,
waving blessings on the breeze...

And fall's light filters now
through leaves aglow as if
you burned in them,
afire with the Spirit's flame...

I see revealed in summer's loss,
in each tree's seasoned change,
your glory gold and russet,
purple patched and crimson crowned...

Should my hope begin to fade, Lord,
paint my soul in autumn hues,
brightened with that autumn light
whose only source is you...

I offer you my thanks today
for every leaf that sighs and falls
and pads the path I softly walk
on my way home to you...

Amen.

Source: Thundafunda



 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!