10/8/18

Monday Morning Offering: 10/8

Morning Coffee by George Mendoza

Good morning, good God!

Without a single exception, Lord,
every good gift in my life
comes from you...

No exceptions!

All the really big things, Lord,
and all the infinitesimally small things -
things so large and so small
I haven't even yet discovered them -
all these come from your heart and hand...

Without a single exception, Lord,
every good gift in my life
comes from you...

Like the family and friends who love and care for me,
who listen to me and accept me,
who guide me and challenge and comfort me:
every one of them is your gift to me...

Every step I take in the right direction, Lord,
every decision I make that's honest and fair,
every change I make to be true to myself,
every thought I have that leads to peace,
every deed I do to help another:
every single one of these is a gift
that comes at your prompting
and from your hand...

Every time I stop to look within,
every moment I pause to ask your pardon,
every prayer I whisper to ask for help,
every time I thank you for all my gifts,
every thought I have that leads to you:
everyone of these is your gift to me,
your Spirit moving deep within me...

Everything I have, Lord,
everything I call "my own" -
my home, my work, my clothes,
my books, my toys, my food,
my imagination, my faith, my hope,
my activity, my rest, my sleep,
my joys, my serenity, my contentment,
my thoughts, my ideas, my prayer:
without a single exception, Lord,
every good gift in my life
comes from you...

So this morning I offer you
my thanks, my praise, my gratitude,
my indebtedness, my dependence on you
for every good gift in my life
because every good gift in my life
comes from your heart, your hand,
comes from you, Lord...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!