10/20/18

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 10/20

At St. Bernard Cemetery, photo by CP

I wonder, Lord, were I a tree,
what might you do with me?

What if I were rooted more deeply, securely,
in my faith, in your word, in your truth?

What if I, like a tree, stood quite still,
patiently accepting the world as it is,
day by day, just a day at a time?

What if I bowed, like a tree, with no complaint,
to all the seasons' changes,
the way to live, endure and grow?

What if I, like a tree,
braved the cold 'til spring came 'round?'
stood in the rain 'til soaked by your grace?
weathered the sun 'til warmed by your love?
let go my leaves, one by one,
giving back to you what you gave to me?

I wonder, Lord, were I a tree,
what might you do with me in autumn?

Would you paint me with your glory?
Dress me in fine splendor,
cloaked in many colors to rival Joseph's coat?

You might, Lord, you just might do this -
were I more like a tree...

And so I wonder, I wonder and I pray:
were I a tree, Lord,
what might you do with me?

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!