11/26/18

Day 2 on retreat: Tuesday



While I'm away this week on my annual retreat,

you're invited to join me in prayer each day -
"on retreat" wherever you may be!

You only need to find or make some time,
to sit in a quiet place,
maybe light a candle,
remember you're in God's presence -
and pray.

Scroll back one post for yesterday's prayer starter from Edwina Gately.

Were you able to sit in the silence and "let God look on you with love?"

That's what a retreat is all about:
taking time to be refreshed by God's love for you...
making time to experience the love God has for you...

But it's not always easy to do this!

I was pleased then, today, to find this verse, Psalm 19:41
Lord, let your love come upon me...

In my own words I expanded on that verse.
Lord, let your love come upon me:
let your love envelop me
cover me
overshadow me
fill me
overwhelm me
engulf me
anoint me
caress me
hold me
melt me
inebriate me
infuse me
bathe me
surround me
love grip me
engage me
embrace me
feed me
touch me...

Let your love come upon me, Lord:
from above and below me
from my left and my right,
from behind and before me,
from every side and all sides
from within and without
Lord, let your love come upon me... 

Whether we're on retreat or not,
God always looks upon us with love, coming to us in love and  
enveloping, covering, overshadowing, filling, overwhelming, engulfing, anointing, caressing, holding, melting, inebriating, infusing, bathing, surrounding, gripping embracing, feeding, touching us with love...

Spend some time with these thoughts and pray,
"Lord, let your love come upon me..."
         

 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!