11/13/18

Pause for Prayer:TUESDAY 11/13

Image source

Autumn's Letting Go

The chill, the rain, the wind
have claimed all leaves
save those whose stubborn hold
will not let go 'til you, Lord,
say the word and then
they'll fall, spiraling

in autumn's letting go
when holding on to what's now past
might seem survival's only path
but you know, more than I,
you know my letting go may be
the only way to hold all I keep dear
and all I dearly try to keep...

Help my letting go, Lord:
I offer you my hold on things,
my stored up fears and tears,
my grip on all I won't let go,
that won't let go of me...

I offer you my fear of falling,
fear of letting go my heart
into your care,
into your promise to be there
to catch me in your arms...

I offer you and make my own
the prayer of falling leaves
with autumn's trust you'll keep me
through the winter's cold
as I let go my hold on all
but hope of spring...

Gather all your falling leaves, Lord:
all the pleas that spiral from my heart
in this bittersweet November time
of letting go my soul into your hands...

Amen.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!