12/23/18

A question for you...



I'm often asked, "What are you doing for Christmas, Father?"  And I always reply:  I'm working!

Well, let me ask you, "What are YOU doing for Christmas?" 

Will your plans for Christmas eve or Christmas morning include a visit to church for Christmas Mass or a service your faith community offers.  As you make your rounds to visit family and friends, will you stop in to visit at the house of the One whose birthday this is? who's the guest of honor?

Many of my readers are faithful church-goers - and many others, well... not so much.  Christmas is for many a homecoming time and coming home to church and prayer is a great way to celebrate.

If you're reading this then it's likely you stop by here to Pause for Prayer - maybe even daily. I hope (and pray) you'll pause for prayer on Christmas eve or day and come home to your place of worship, your community of faith.

If you're around Concord,  know that I'd love to see you walk through the doors of Holy Family Parish (directions here). I'll be celebrating and preaching at Mass on Christmas eve at 4:00 and 6:30 p.m. and at Midnight, and on Christmas Day at 8:00 and 10:30 a.m.

(If you want a seat at the 4:00 Mass, be there by at least 3:00:  no seat saving, first come - first seated!)  For the other times, being there 10-15 minutes early should easily get you a seat.) 

Wherever you are, be at peace, and know that I'll be praying for you - and would love to have you come and join in that prayer!

Merry Christmas!



   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!