12/2/18

Pause for Prayer: SUNDAY 12/2

Image source


Advent begins a new "year of grace,"
another year, Lord,
when you'll do everything you can
to catch my eye,
get my ear,
direct my attention,
turn my head,
and take my hand
to lead me and guide me
closer to you,
to your Word
and to your love..

A year of grace...

Where will you lead me, Lord?

In what direction will you guide me,
in this new year?

What challenges
lie before me?

What graces,
poured from your heart and hand
into mine,
will be there to help me
face those challenges,
my fears and difficulties?

How will your grace help me, Lord:
to do what I think I can't do?
to deal with what I'm afraid to face?
to endure what I think I can't survive?
to achieve what I think beyond my reach?

A new year of grace...

Lord, how will your grace
amaze me
in the year ahead?

A new year of grace:
may it be a graceful year, Lord...

May it be a year when your grace:
makes lighter my burdens,
steadier my step,
wiser my decisions,
stronger my choices
and closer my heart
to yours, Lord...

Fill me with your grace, Lord,
your wonderful, healing, saving, amazing grace
in the year of grace,
the year that lies before me...

Amen.



 

   
 Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!