12/20/18

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY

Image source

At this time of the year
when night so early falls,
listen and hear dawn break,
the sun slowly rising, finally piercing
December's morning sky...

Rise like the dawn, Lord:
let your sun's rays
warm the frost off my heart

to heal what sadness my soul bears...

Disperse the gloomy clouds 

of all my anxious fears
and sweep from my heart's depths
what keeps me from your peace...

Draw me out of my own darkness
to the grace your presence brings:

let me know the peace you offer,
the light in which I'm bathed...

In these dark December days
in all the seasons my soul knows,
d
raw near, O Jesus,  come
and shine your light upon my path...


O come, O come, Emmanuel!

Listen to dawn break through the darkness 
in the voices of Chanticleer...





   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!