12/18/18

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 12/18

Image source

Teach me, Lord, to watch:
to stay awake,
to keep vigil,
to wait for you
as the night waits for dawn...

Teach me to watch
for your approach,
your drawing near,
your coming up alongside me
- especially when I least expect you...

Teach me, Lord, to watch
for your advent,
your arrival,
your appearing...

Teach me to watch
for signs of your grace in my life,
in the lives of those around me
and in the whole of your creation...

Teach me to watch
for the light of your word,
for your hand upon my shoulder,
for your healing touch,
for your mysterious, elusive presence...

Teach me, Lord, to watch,
to discover your warm fingerprints 
on everything everything around me...

Teach me to watch for you
when I think you've forgotten me,
when I've given up looking for you,
when it seems you've disappeared...

Teach me to watch
with eyes of faith,
with a hopeful heart,
with a trusting spirit...

Teach me to watch for you, Lord,
for I know you're there:
making yourself known,
revealing yourself in so many ways,
inviting me to desire you,
prompting me to seek you,
leading me to find you...

Teach me to watch for you
as faithfully as you watch over me:
night and day,
when I'm awake,
when I'm asleep...

Teach me to watch for you, Lord,
you who watch over me,
never sleeping, never blinking,
watching over me
as the apple of your eye...

Amen.

 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!