1/21/19

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 1/22

Serenity by Hyunah Kim


God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
to change the things I can
and the wisdom to know the difference...

I pray first for serenity, Lord,
that certain peace within my soul,
your gift of grace,
and the counsel of your Spirit:
a gift that comes from you alone,
a gift I cannot give myself...

In that serenity, I pray I might
accept the things I cannot change
and over which I'm powerless:
things beyond my reach and ken
which only you
(and others, if they choose)
might change and turn around...

I pray for strength and courage
to change the things I can:
my mind and heart, 
my attitude,
my stubborn pride,
my words and deeds,
the choices that I make
and the paths I choose to take...

But still I need your wisdom, Lord,
to help discern between 
the things that only you can do
and things that I, with you,
am charged and graced to do
that I might rest serenely
in the peace that comes
from you and from living by your word...

Amen.



 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!