1/29/19

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 1/29



It's been a draining, demanding string of days, Lord,
but the road ahead's much smoother,
paved with promise of relief...

Breathing a sigh of contentment,
glancing in my rear view mirror,
I came close,
so dangerously close, Lord,
to giving myself a pat on the back -
until I remembered, or more accurately,
until I realized
that you had been my guide along the way,
the source of all my words,
the wisdom in my choices,
the courage in my weakness,
the wind beneath my wings...

I found the way because you led me,
I spoke the words that you inspired,
your counsel fine-tuned my discretion,
your strength enabled and sustained me,
your Spirit lifted me above, beyond
and deep into the heart of all I had to do
and all I prayed I might accomplish...

Because you are my guide, Lord,
my wisdom, truth and courage,
because you are the wind beneath my wings
I give you thanks and praise,
I give you all the glory!

Amen.



 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!