2/15/19

Pause for Prayer: FRIDAY 2/15

Image source

Yesterday's roses have begun to droop
and a few petals have lost their hold
on blooms of promised love:
soon enough, too soon,
this arrangement's joy will fade and pass away...

What was treasured will be trashed,
save, perhaps, a single blossom,
pressed between the pages of a book,
now a memory of a moment
gone too soon...


Lord,
I long for love and signs of love
stronger, enduring longer,
than a valentine's fading roses...

I wait for love, a word of love,
not printed on a lacy card
but etched upon my heart...

I pray for love, a taste of love,
sweeter and more nourishing
than a heart-shaped box of chocolates...

I long for your deep love, O Lord,
I pray for your enduring love,
I wait to hear your word of love,
a love that will not fade or pass away...

Amen.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!