4/18/19

Pocket Prayer for THURSDAY 4/18




Well, it's the last day of Lent, Lord:
at sundown today
ends the season of repentance
and our preparation for celebrating
the Paschal feast...

So this is the last
of my Lenten pocket prayers...

But I'm going to keep my little Cross
in my pocket or my purse,
on my dresser or my dashboard,
at my side where I will see it
and remember noon and night to pray:
Jesus, touch my life today!

There's no season to your Cross, Lord,
nor a day I'm not in need
of your touch, your strength, your healing,
your gentle touch upon my life
- and on some days, Lord,
a not-so-gentle push or shove
to keep me on the path of grace...

As I carry your Cross in my pocket, Lord,
help me keep alive in my heart
my simple Lenten prayer:
Jesus, touch my life today!

Amen.


 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!