5/9/19

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 5/9

 


Do you roll your eyes in frustration, Lord,
   when I don't pay attention to you, to your truth,
      to my own common sense?

Never.

Would you like to dope slap me, Lord,
   when I miss the better decision,
      staring me right in the face?

Nope.

Do you walk away when,
   for the thousandth time,
      I make the same mistake?

Uh-uh.

Instead, Lord,
   you show me again and again what I've failed to see...
   you look with mercy on me and all my foolishness...
   you forgive my sins and offer me a fresh start...

Patient, kind and compassionate Lord,
   be gracious to me today as you always are
      and help me grow in your grace...

Amen.








   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!