5/28/19

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 5/28



Among all the ways I wish I were more like you, Lord,
oh, how I'd love to have your openness, your willingness, your capacity
to tolerate, to work with, to live with
loose ends, last minute changes and unexpected twist and turns...

You rule, Lord, when it comes to
staying in the moment, taking things in stride
and not losing your cool...

Me? I get impatient when things move too slowly
and frustrated when things move too quickly...

I get cranky and irritable when things don't go
as I wanted, hoped and prayed they'd go...

I get angry at... well, sometimes I get angry
at whatever or whomever's most directly in my path...

All in all, Lord,
I often respond, reply and react
in pouting, peevish, petulant ways,
failing to follow you...

In your cool, considered and compassionate manner
you don't miss a trick, Lord:
you see the whole picture;
you see the visible and the invisible;
you see the inside from the outside
and the outside from the inside; 
you see it all, Lord,
you see more than the sum of the parts...

Among all the ways I wish I were more like you, Lord,
oh, how I'd love to have your openness, your willingness, your capacity
to tolerate, to work with, to live with
loose ends, last minute changes and unexpected twists and turns:
help me be more like you, Lord...

Open my heart, Lord,
and open the eyes of my mind and my soul
'til I begin to see as you see,
to understand as you understand,
to forgive as you forgive...

Help me draw on your patient compassion
'til the gift of your merciful wisdom
becomes my own...

Amen.   

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!