6/14/19

Pause for Prayer: SATURDAY 6/15

Photo by M. Rutledge

This strawberry's not quite ripe for picking, Lord,
but the season's near for this heart-shaped fruit
to journey from farm to table
to garnish my breakfast,
crown a shortcake
and fill a pie...

A natural work of art, Lord,
this simple, luscious fruit,
ripening red and juicy,
sweet proof that summer's here...

On average a strawberry bears 200 seeds
(which doesn't sound average at all to me)
but that's your design, Lord:
a generous, overabundant potential
for new growth and new life...

I wonder, Lord,
how many heart-shaped seeds of beauty
does my soul bear?
And what fruit ripens within me, Lord,
to garnish the day with sweetness,
to crown with praise a neighbor's work,
to fulfill with generous abundance
another person's wants and needs?

Make me grateful, Lord, for the gift of strawberries
and for all the ways your love flows
from your heart, into mine, into others,
with the promise of growth and new life
in a summertime ripe with your grace...

Amen.


 

     
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!