6/24/19

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 6/25




The folks I'll meet today, Lord,
   are people with things on their mind,
   aches and pains in their bones,
   troubles in their souls,
   and hurt in their hearts...

They'll be busy, sad, distracted and
  preoccupied with problems large and small,
they'll be hoping for the day to end
   - and wondering if it ever will...

In other words, the people I'll meet today will be
   in many ways - just like me -
so make me as gentle with them, Lord,
  as I'd have them be with me...

Help me be understanding - especially -
   when I don't understand what's bothering others,
      let alone what's bothering me...

Help me be forgiving
   of what I don't see and what I don't know
- remembering just how well I hide
   the things that make a grouch of me...

Help me offer help to those who'll struggle
  just to make it through this day
and open me to welcome in
   the love that comes my way...
   
Amen.





   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!