7/3/19

Pause for Prayer: JULY 4TH

Lord...
Keep me hungry for what's real
   and independent of my fantasies...

Keep me honest in my speech
   and independent of the easy lie...

Keep me loyal to your word
   and independent of my willfulness...

Keep me just in all my dealings
   and independent of deceit...

Keep me loyal to what's true
   and independent of the counterfeit...

Keep me constant in compassion
   and independent of self-interest...

Keep me loyal to my friends
   and independent of my jealousy... 

Keep me strong in self-awareness
   and independent of denial...

Keep me humble and forgiving
   and independent of conceit... 

Keep me positive and hopeful
   and independent of my fears...

 Keep me steadfast in my hope
   and independent of my worries...

Keep me faithful to my prayer
   and independent of distractions...

Keep me steadfast in my faith
   and independent of my doubt...

Help me lean upon your love,
   on your grace and on your mercy,
free my heart to live for you, Lord,
   independent of all else...

Amen.




   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!