7/18/19

Pause for Prayer: THURSDAY 7/18


Got some things I want you to take care of, Lord,
and I'd like you to take care of them
right away,
pronto,
directly,
sooner than later,
forthwith,
directly,
expeditiously,
PDQ!

Well, I'm sure you catch my drift here -
and no, you don't have to tell me:
I know I'm being very impatient
and I'm being impatient with YOU
who are forever patient with me...

As you know, Lord,
the things I want you to accomplish
(in record time)
aren't for me:
it's all for others,
for others whose needs are so much greater than mine,
for others who are likely way more patient with you
than I am with anyone...

So, slow me down, Lord,
and give me patience:
patience with you,
patience with life,
patience with my neighbor
and patience with myself...

Remind me, let me see, Lord,
how patient you are with me:
in my clumsiness,
in my stalling,
in my stumbling, procrastinating ways...

Remind me, let me see, Lord,
how patient you are with me
when I waste your time and mine,
when I drag my foot
and dawdle along
as if I had all the time in the world...

Remind me, let me see,
that patience is a virtue, Lord,
a grace from your heart,
an undeserved mercy,
a gift for others and for me...

Let your patience with me
be the patience I share with others,
especially with those who’ve understandably
grown impatient with me and my ways...

Let your patience with me, Lord
heal my impatience with you
and flow with mercy and grace
through my heart
and into the hearts of all I meet and know,
patiently, Lord,
yes, patiently...

Amen. 









 

   
Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!