9/24/19

Pause for Prayer: TUESDAY 9/24

The view from my window: photo by CP

Which is it, Lord?
Are you trying to please me or tease me?

Yesterday was fall's debut with temps in the 80's
under clear and sunny skies, a day seemed made
to please my fond and foolish hope that
summer might not ever end...

Indeed, I was pleased, Lord -
but teased as well, for as you and I both know:
summer's swan song comes this time each year,
her last glorious gasp, a burst of beauty,
designed, I trust, to please my heart of hearts
and tease my soul to look beyond a season's change,
far past November's chill and winter's frost,
teasing me to hope for spring's return,
a harbinger of summer and a season, then,
of long, warm days under clear and sunny skies...

You're a tease, Lord! And it pleases me
to know how playfully you draw me in
and lead me, in season and out of season,
closer, ever closer and deeper, ever deeper
into the mystery of your saving love...

Tease and please me, Lord!
Please me with your ever changing,
changeless mighty beauty
and tease me with your endless,
ever present playful grace...

Amen.


 

     
 Subscribe to A Concord Pastor Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please THINK before you write
and PRAY before you think!